Todd Sharp, Motion Control Sales Manager, CMA/Flodyne/Hydradyne
CMA/Flodyne/Hydradyne is a leader in the design and commission of drive and control
systems for our customers for over 30 years, and one question that we often hear is
“Why is Rexroth the best?” There are many brands competing for the drive and control market, and here at CMAFH, we have working experience with most if not all of them. Our engineers program, repair and upgrade many of the brands of control systems, and we have the ability to integrate any brand into our custom projects at our customer’s request. Having specialized in Bosch Rexroth products for many years, we understand the unique strengths of the product line.
Rexroth drives and controls can be differentiated from competing brands in four very distinct ways.
1. Product Breadth
The IndraDrive product family spans the power range from 100W to 4MW. This product family can operate as an open loop frequency drive/sensor less vector drive up to a multi-axis integrated motion and logic controller that can be either stand alone or drive resident. The IndraDrive product family also includes a cabinet free drive integrated motor. This entire IndraDrive product family is supported by the same software.
- Power range from 100W to 4MW
- Range of technology from open loop V/F and sensor-less vector control to multi-axis integrated motion and logic control
- Integrated motion and logic control – controller or drive resident
- Cabinet free drive integrated motor
Rexroth’s drive and control platform supports all common communication buses including Ethernet I/P, EtherCAT, Profinet, SERCOS, CANopen, Powerlink, Profibus.
We can control 3rd party motors regardless of brand or type, and we can operate all common feedback types including TTL, 1vpp, Endat, Hiperface, SSI, resolver. Our drives are available with a 2nd encoder input with a 1MHZ input frequency. Our control supports all common machine programming languages like ladder, FB, ST, IL… plus all common IT and engineering languages like C#, C++, Java, Labview, Matlab.
- Supports all common communication buses including, Ethernet I/P, EtherCAT, ProfiNet, SERCOS, CANopen, Powerlink, Profibus
- Controls all 3rd party motors regardless of brand or technology type
- Operates all common feedback types (TTL, 1vpp, ENDAT, Hiperface, SSI, resolver) with drive based second encoder input with up to 1MHZ input frequency
- Supports all common machine programming languages (ladder, FB, structured text, instruction list) plus all common IT and engineering type languages like C#, C++, Java, Labview, Matlab
Whether it’s drive or controller based, Rexroth offers multi-zone tension control, vibration dampening/anti-slosh control, high speed registration control, advanced electronic camming and hydraulic control. We also support zoned safety control with safe torque off and full safe motion; controller or drive based. Yes, drive based safe motion control!
- Multi -zone tension control
- Vibration dampening/anti-slosh control
- High speed registration control
- Advanced electronic camming
- Supports all common hydraulic functions
- Integrated safe torque off and safe motion control
Rexroth designs, engineers and manufactures all products they sell. All are standard and sold throughout the world. In the US, hundreds of local high-tech distributors are Rexroth trained and certified to provide full sales, service and application support. Additionally, Rexroth maintains sales, service and application support facilities in every region of the US, plus scores more globally.
- All products are standard and sold throughout the world
- Bosch Rexroth maintains sales, service and application support facilities in every region of the US and scores more globally
- In the US hundreds of local high-tech distributors are Rexroth trained and certified to provide additional sales, service and application support
Do you have questions about this post? Please contact us:
In addition to distribution, we design and fabricate complete engineered systems, including hydraulic power units, electrical control panels, pneumatic panels & aluminum framing. Our advanced components and system solutions are found in a wide variety of industrial applications such as wind energy, solar energy, process control and more.